Treatment of trichomoniasis with metronidazole
Widely used for acute and chronic trichomoniasis, recurrent forms, trihomonadonositelstvo.
The pattern of use of metronidazole:
- Twice 250 mg duration 10-14 days.
- First day – double-2 tablets (250 mg*2), the second day – one three times a day, following 4 days, twice one.
- 500 mg orally 4 times a day (every 6 hours), only 5 days.
- First day – 4 times 750 mg, the second day, 500 mg 4 times only 2 days, total dose – 5 g.
There is an American method of treatment of trichomoniasis with metronidazole, based on the use of shock doses for a faster effect:
- 2 g (8 tablets) orally once;
- 2 g orally daily for 3 days;
- 1 g twice a day throughout the week.
If you use intravenous solution is recommended to put a dropper three times a day one bottle at least 5 days.
Vaginal suppositories 500 mg is better to enter into the vagina at night, wetting the front of the suppository in water. After the introduction of the woman should lie in a horizontal position at least half an hour.
Side effects of the drug are similar to other antibacterial means:
- disruption of the gastrointestinal poor appetite, metal taste in mouth, nausea, occasional vomiting, diarrhea, inflammation of the pancreas;
- the mucous membranes of the mouth (stomatitis), tongue (glossitis), gums (gingivitis);
- dysfunction of the nervous system – headaches, dizziness, psychosis, seizures, hallucinations, depression, deterioration of coordination of movements;
- allergic – urticarial skin rash, itching, hay fever;
- the defeat of the urinary system – pain in the urine, increasing urine volume.
With special care, the drug has to be administered into a vein, as it can cause inflammation of the inner lining of blood vessels.
Metronidazole is contraindicated in:
- individual hypersensitivity to the drug;
- brain tumors;
- the liver;
- the first trimester of pregnancy and lactationBreasts.
Existing analogues of the drug "Metrogyl", "Trichopolum", "Gravgun", "Madrid", "Glaygl", "Afloran".
In the end I would like to add that you should not take the drug alone. Before taking be sure to consult doctor and not to self-medicate.