Diagnosis, treatment and prevention of latent forms of syphilis
What is latent syphilis
Latent syphilis is called a medical case where the person does not have any specific complaints of rashes (ulcers) on the skin and mucous membranes, lesions of the internal organs and systems, the results of laboratory diagnostics detected positive titers of antibodies to pale treponeme.
The presence of antibodies to pale treponeme should be confirmed by several serological reactions:
- reaction (RMP) with cardiolipin antigen.
Why is this form of the disease
Under some assumptions, it may be associated with widespread distribution of antibiotics. It is no secret that often antibiotics are taken uncontrollably, and without a doctor's prescription, and any antibiotic from the group of penicillins, macrolides, tetracyclines, fluoroquinolones can change the course of the disease and its natural development stages.
Public preventive measures should include the following:
- The organization of prophylactic medical examination of population of all ages every year.
- Organization of theoretical and practical training on STI prevention in schools and universities, creating apprehension among young people in relation to these diseases.
- Medical examination of persons who have received a specific treatment, creating the positive attitude to the implementation of serological tests, psychological work with the population.
- Development and study of the effectiveness of new antimicrobial drugs for therapy.
- Ensuring the availability of an anonymous survey for everyone who wants.
Sources of information:
- The order of Ministry of health of the Russian Federation dated 26.03.2001 № 87 "On improving the serological diagnosis of syphilis".
- The order of Ministry of health of the Russian Federation dated 25.06.2003 № 327 "On approval of Protocol of management of patients with syphilis.
- Syphilis today. T. V. Krasnoselskikh. Magazine "the World of medicine, No. 7, 1998.
- The effectiveness of treatment of contagious forms of syphilis with penicillin drugs: results of application of methods approved instructions for the treatment and prevention of syphilis in 2002. Pankratov V. G., Pankratov, O. V., Erygina E. S., Klimova L. V., Kamenko I., Číž, M. M.