Causes, symptoms and treatment of enlarged prostate in men
BPH in men often occurs after 45 years. After 65 she is diagnosed already at 75-80% of the male population. In the last decade there has been a tendency to "rejuvenation" of benign prostatic hyperplasia is associated with a sedentary lifestyle, frequent consumption of alcohol, especially beer, the spread of obesity.
Risk factors and causes of BPH
The main causes of this disease is currently not yet been revealed. But the signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia in men is well known:
- age-related decline in testosterone (male sex hormone) and increased levels of female sex hormones;
- the abuse of Smoking and alcohol;
- frequent stressful situation;
- heavy physical work;
- promiscuous and associated with an increased risk of sexually transmitted diseases.
The surgical treatment of prostate adenoma is cut out part of the prostate or it is removed completely. There are 2 methods of surgical interventions: open and closed. The first operation is carried out traditionally, with incision of the anterior abdominal wall. To get rid of the adenoma in this case, fails completely. The second type of intervention is less traumatic surgery performed with an endoscope inserted through the urethra.
There are non-surgical treatments:
- cryocoagulation (use cold);
- ultrasound treatment;
- balloon dilatation.
To avoid the adenoma, it is enough to follow some simple rules:
- men over 40 should every year to visit a urologist for early detection of the disease;
- to maintain a healthy weight;
- to give up Smoking, not abusing alcohol;
- to regularly exercise.
In addition, you should avoid sex to prevent infection, prevent constipation and hypothermia. These measures enough to keep men's health for years to come.