The symptoms and treatment of Ureaplasma urealyticum men
When Ureaplasma is dangerous?
Ureaplasma is transmitted from one person to another during sexual act. In most cases the source of infection becomes infected the woman, and the man is often a temporary carrier. This means that Ureaplasma present in his genitals for some time, during which it is able to infect their sexual partner, and then, under the action of immune factors, the microorganism is eliminated.
Under more favourable circumstances, Ureaplasma can stay in the genitals long enough period of time to multiply and hit the mucous membrane cells of the urinary tract. Contributing to this are factors such as:
- A significant weakening of the immune system men, caused by fatigue, stress, poor diet, alcohol, hypothermia, transferred somatic disease and other causes.
- The weakening of the local protection mechanism of the genital organs, which causes changes in the properties of prostate secretion due to existing inflammatory process (prostatitis), impaired cleansing of the glans penis in phimosis, the disregard for the requirements of personal hygiene and other reasons.
- Co-infection with Ureaplasma and other infectious agents, sexually transmitted diseases, which often have a more powerful striking properties and more aggressive.
The most effective are these methods of detection of Ureaplasma as:
- polymerase chain reaction;
- bacterial inoculation;
- enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay.
Often used immunofluorescence methods do not provide accurate, reliable results.
The chronic course of the inflammatory process to increase the likelihood of detecting the causative agent appropriate to the conduct of chemical, biological and specific provocations on the eve of the collection of material for laboratory studies.
Recommended the study not only of smears from the walls of the urethra, but semen andof prostate secretion, with drawing up of the semen. Additionally performed ultrasound examination of genital organs.
Basic principles of treatment
The main group of drugs used to combat Ureaplasma, antibacterial agents.
The most efficient therapeutic scheme, tailored to the individual sensitivity of the identified microorganism to different groups of antibacterial agents, that is, the antibiogram. Compiling an antibiogram is done during bacteriological examination of smears.
If the bacterial inoculation was not carried out, prescribers with the ability to inhibit the development of Ureaplasma and destroy it. Usually used antibiotics from the macrolides or fluoroquinolones. Penicillins, tetracyclines and azithromycin proved ineffective in treating this disease.
Additionally, prescribers, improves the penetration of antibiotics into the tissue (enzymes, biogenic stimulators), adaptogens and immunomodulators. Shown vitamins and mineral complexes.
For the period of treatment is sexual rest eliminates the effect of provoking the aggravation of the disease factors.
Treatment of chronic forms of the disease are shown in repeated cases are reported sexual partner, or planned his shift at the planning stage of pregnancy. Some experts believe that chronic diseases are the same indicator to conduct therapeutic interventions, like acute inflammation.