Description of the stages and forms of syphilis
In the classical course distinguish 3 periods of syphilis, which consistently follow each other through small "light asymptomatic period". What happens first (primary) stage of syphilis?
The first period of syphilis
After a certain period of time from contact with the sick person, during which the Treponema "settling" in a new organism develops from the first stages of syphilis. Typically, the duration of the incubation period is several weeks to a month. Then there are two possible scenario:
- The first option is to have an infected person are no external symptoms, implicitly develops the latent form. The disease is detected by chance during clinical examination or pregnancy.
- The infected on the skin or mucous membrane appears ulcerative defect, usually round or oval, painless. In the absence of pain can be seen immediately. The bottom of this "canker smooth and shiny, bright pink, there may be a small amount of discharge, usually slimy, light. On palpation you can feel the density of the edges and bottom, so this ulcerative defect is called a "hard chancre".
Localization of the ulcer may be different:
- the mucous membrane of the vagina, vulva, cervix in women; penis, scrotum in men;
- the tonsils and the bottom in the oral cavity, soft palate, lip, tongue;
- perianal area and rectum;
- somewhat atypical, but could be a possible localization on the finger, hand, belly, thighs (see figure 1 and 2).
- The order of Ministry of health of the Russian Federation dated 26.03.2001 № 87 "On improving the serological diagnosis of syphilis".
- The order of Ministry of health of the Russian Federation dated 25.06.2003 № 327 "On approval of Protocol of management of patients with syphilis.
- Characteristics of lesions in respiratory tract with tertiary syphilis. Svistushkin V. M., Mustafayev D. M. – Russian medical journal.
- From the history of the fight against syphilis. Gorelova L. E. – Russian medical journal.
- Clinical manifestations of primary and secondary syphilis. Males A.V. – Russian medical journal.
- Modern neurosyphilis: clinical features, diagnosis, treatment. – Russian medical journal.