Medicines and drugs for the treatment of hepatitis C
What is hepatitis C?
Hepatitis C is a virus that opened in 1989. Once in the body, it mainly affects the liver. To become infected with the virus in several ways:
- Transmission from mother to child. This type of infection is rare and occurs during the active form of the disease during pregnancy. In this case, transmission of the virus through the mother's milk to the child impossible.
- Sexually. During sexual intercourse is not uncommon transmission of the virus from an infected partner, so such relationships are best avoided until full recovery. But if this is not possible, it is recommended to use means of protection.
- A blood transfusion. If man was given the blood of an infected person, it will also lead to infection. To avoid such incidents in blood transfusion centers this is very strictly followed and carried out additional tests to identify infection.
- Violation of hygienic rules. Although using ordinary contact infection and is not transmitted, using the needle more than one person (for example, when applying a tattoo or ear piercing) can lead to infection with hepatitis b virus.
- Work in medical institutions. As health care providers can often contact with the blood, they are at risk.
"Ribavirin" means recognized as the most efficient in medical practice. The substances contained in the drug suppressed the hepatitis C virus, however, the mechanism of action is not disclosed. The drug is available in the form of capsules or tablets and are usually taken simultaneously with the drug Interferon, which is injected into the fatty tissue. This is due to the fact that "Interferon" and "Ribavirin" individually give a smaller result than when co-administered.
Note: in no case do not start taking drugs yourself. Before use, you need a complete examination from a doctor who will determine possible contraindications and prescribe effective treatment tool.
Limitations and contraindications
To the main limitation in the presence of the virus is the diet. It is recommended to limit the use of alcohol that greatly affectsthe liver and stick to a healthy diet.
If you combine the treatment medication and the right lifestyle, it will greatly affect the success of your healing.
Thus, despite many misconceptions, treatment of hepatitis C is not a daunting task. Properly prescribed a course of drugs that will make you physician can help to get rid of the hepatitis b virus in the shortest possible time.