The symptoms and treatment of chlamydia in women
Manifestations of the disease
The incubation period for chlamydia lasts from 1 week to 4, but even after the disease has entered into force, it is hard to notice the first signs of its beginning. The fact that the disease in 70 of the 100 cases are asymptomatic, and this, in turn, greatly complicates the subsequent treatment. As mentioned above, the consequences in this case can be quite severe, even infertility.
So, the symptoms:
- Mucous discharge. Color selections white or yellow. Dedicated mucus and unpleasant smells. We often chlamydia occurs the accession of bacterial vaginosis, then the allocation of fish smell. Usually, chlamydia is complicated by urinary infection.
- For chlamydia, the woman feels constant vaginal burning.
- Often there is pain in the abdomen and lower back.
- The infection manifests itself in painful urination.
- Often body temperature rises.
- The cycle of menstruation is disturbed.
Ways of infection
As mentioned above, the cause of chlamydia is bacteria chlamydia. Chlamydia in women occurs for different reasons. Chlamydia gets into the body in a certain way. A few such ways:
- The main mode of transmission chlamydia - sexual way. Sex can be oral, anal or vaginal. If the sex was unprotected, an infection. Inflammation begins on the part of the mucosa through which the infection has occurred: if, after penetration, the infection hit the vagina, fallopian tubes, urinary ducts.
- If a pregnant woman is sick with chlamydia, during birth, she may infect her child. The child can get infected pulmonary chlamydia, or chlamydial conjunctivitis. Infection with chlamydia in the mother's womb is not yet confirmed by medical research.
- There is a small possibility of Contracting chlamydia through personal hygiene items. For example, using the towel of the sick person, through his linen or utensils. You can also get infected with chlamydia in the public baths and toilets: stalls and the toilet. This method of infection is called home. This can explain the chlamydia infection in girls.
- Contracting chlamydia from a patient suffering from chlamydial pneumonia. In this casemethod of infection is airborne, but it is a very rare situation.
It can be concluded that the main method of infection with chlamydia is a sexual way. The incubation period for chlamydia is 2-3 weeks, so if you have had unprotected sex with a casual partner, this period can appear the first symptoms. Or through this period the doctor can put a definite diagnosis.
Chlamydia is usually asymptomatic. This insidious disease. Thus, the doctor need to address not only the appearance of the first symptoms, but after a couple of weeks after unprotected sex with a casual partner. Than earlier you will be able to diagnose chlamydia, the more effective the treatment will be, and most importantly, less risk of infecting someone else.
Treatment for chlamydia involves schema therapy with antibiotics. Mostly used drugs with doxycycline, this medication, such as: Yunidoks Solutab, Vibramycin.
Treatment regimens also include any immunomodulator, for example: Amiksin, Cycloferon, Timalin. If the chlamydia was joined by a fungal infection, Nystatin is appointed, Pimafucin.
The dosage and regularity of intake of medicines prescribed by a doctor, given the severity of the disease, its neglect and the characteristics of the body of the patient.
Care must be taken when prescribing, pregnant woman or not.
After about 10 days of the start of antibiotics in the treatment included a course of enzymes, such as Pancreatin, Festal. If the treatment was a long one (more than 30 days), prescribe a course of vitamins with probiotics (Bifidumbacterin). To maintain the liver is appointed Essentiale Forte.
Good shows physical therapy as a final part of the treatment. Treatment also includes local therapy. It includes the use of enemas, lavage of the vagina and the use of tampons with medicines. All medicines and solutions for washing prepared by experts.
Sometimes used cream Vitella or Fleur Enzyme. These funds also belong to the vaginal medications.
Chlamydia in women and treated folk remedies. However, to get involved with them is not necessary, preferably use them in combination with drug therapy. Again, you must consult with your doctor about the advisability folk remedies:
- Washing garlic. Sliced 5 cloves of garlic. They need to insist for 15 hours in a glass of water. The solution rinse the vagina, 2 times a day.
- There are different tinctures from herbs. For example, chamomile flowers, yarrow,a series of mixed, you can add birch buds. 3 tbsp. of this mixture brewed in hot water for about an hour. This infusion should be taken half a Cup half an hour before meals, for one month.
- Tincture on bedrentsa. Pimpernel (approximately 100-130 g) pour vodka (about 1 liter). Tincture is aged for about 10 days. Should drink 50 grams after eating for 2 weeks.
Chlamydia, as mentioned above, is complicated by the fact that asymptomatic, later, found and seriously treated. Causes of chlamydia in women examined. You can do some preventive conclusions:
- You can't have sexual intercourse with a barely familiar person.
- Necessary when contact of any kind to use a condom.
- If you've had unprotected sex, should be immediately checked out for chlamydia.
- Never use other people's hygiene.
- If you are diagnosed with chlamydia you have to inform your partner. After all, if he doesn't recover, and will infect each other.
- During treatment to stop sexual intercourse.
So, chlamydia in women - the disease is serious, the consequences could be dire. Treatment is long and expensive. But as it turned out, the simplest prevention can save you from all these troubles. Be reasonable. Take care of yourself.