The main symptoms, methods of diagnosis and treatment of adenocarcinoma of the prostate
Risk factors for adenocarcinoma of the prostate
For many years scientists from different countries work to understand the causes of prostate cancer in men. In multiple studies it was found that adenocarcinoma of the prostate usually occurs on the basis of benign hyperplasia of authority (adenomas).
The main causes of prostate cancer in men must be considered:
- genetic predisposition;
- food with a predominance of animal fats;
- work in hazardous industries with intoxication with cadmium;
- the retrovirus XMRV;
- adverse environmental factors;
- the abuse of Smoking and alcohol;
- the liver etc.
Moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma with its development cleverly disguised as prostatitis or adenoma. It is important at this time to conduct a full examination to determine the correct diagnosis.
Should be called signs of late stages of prostate cancer. These include:
- uncontrolled bleeding from the penis;
- disturbance of urination;
- severe pain in the prostate area, lower spine, pelvic bones, etc.;
- impotence or other significant violations of erectile function;
Adenocarcinoma of the prostate in advanced stages characterized by active metastasis throughout the body, not amenable to complete cure. Consequently, it is important to identify prostate cancer at early stages and timely treatment.
Methods of diagnosis and treatment
Diagnosis of prostate cancer aims to solve 2 main problems:
- to reveal itself malignancy;
- to determine the stage of the process.
For the timely detection of the disease every man over the age of 50 should undergo annual screening for prostate cancer. Initial diagnostic measures should be considered:
- procedure digital examination of rectum;
- the results of the blood detection DOG.
If you suspect the presence of malignancy in the prostate can be carried out the following studies:
- Ultrasound examination of abdominal cavity;
- prostate biopsy etc.
After carrying out diagnostic procedures, depending on the degree of neglect andthe spread of the disease, the doctor individually selects each patient the most effective treatments.
Main modern methods of treatment of prostate cancer are:
- Radical prostatectomy - complete removal of the prostate.
- Brachytherapy is the introduction of radioactive elements in the prostate with malignant education.
- Luchevaya therapy - tumor destruction using powerful targeted ionizing radiation.
- Cryotherapy - ensuring the death of cancer cells by means of freezing.
- Hormonal therapy.
In practice, the integrated use of multiple treatment methods. In the initial stages of the disease, surgical intervention to remove prostate cancer with foci of destruction. Can be assigned to the radiation and chemo.
When the advanced form of prostate cancer hormone therapy is almost always considered the only treatment method that allows to suspend the process of further development of malignant tumors and the patient's life easier.
Conclusion on the subject
Thus, only a careful attitude towards their health, the annual observance of all necessary surveys will allow the older men to promptly detect and cope with so formidable a disease as adenocarcinoma of the prostate.